How do I……………………….Keep my computer running properly?
Follow these simple tips:
1. Update your antivirus definitions. How? Open your antivirus program and look for the Live Update button or Update button. (This has to be done while you are connected to the Internet). Download and install updates. Do a full system scan after this is complete. You can do this as often as you want. Most of this is done automatically.
2. Make sure you update Java from www.java.com
3. Make you Adobe Reader and Flash Player are updated from www.adobe.com
4. Run Windows Update. Click Start, type Windows Update in search bar on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Click on the icon and check for updates. (It may already have updates ready to install).
5. Running Windows XP? It is time to upgrade to a new computer. Support for Windows XP ended April 8th, 2014. Visit Microsoft to verify this.