Nothing is more frustrating than a computer that isn’t running properly. Here are a few quick tips for common computer problems:
1. Update your antivirus definitions. How? Open your antivirus program and look for the Live Update button or Update button. (This has to be done while you are connected to the Internet). Download and install updates. Do a full system scan after this is complete. You can do this as often as you want. Most of this is done automatically.
2. Make sure you remove Java from your computer. You probably don’t need it and it will prevent more viruses.
3. Make sure Adobe Reader is updated from the Microsoft Store.
4. Run Windows Update. Click Start, type Windows Update in search bar on Windows 8 and 10. Click on the icon and check for updates. (It may already have updates ready to install).
5. If you are running Windows 7, it’s time to upgrade to a new computer. Support for Windows 7 ends January 2020. Visit Microsoft to verify this.